How to decide who should be in your wedding party?
One of the biggest struggles of planning a wedding is deciding who is going to be in your wedding party.
It can be very complicated with a lot of different emotions involved. Do you pick the one you have been ‘friends’ with for the longest, even though you haven’t kept the closeness over time?
Do you pick the one that has just became your best friend in a matter of months? Do you have to include all your sisters?
Its a tricky decision!
Here are a few tips to help you decide who makes the cut ;)
1. Kindred spirit (don’t mind my Anne of Green Gables reference!). Really analyze and take a look at who you can confide in the most with. Who knows who YOU are. This will be an asset on your wedding day, as they will know exactly what you need and how you are feeling in certain situations throughout the day and can be there to support you in any way.
2. Think of someone who will be with you in the long run! Do you picture still being friends years down the road? You may not want to pick the fair-weather friend, as when you look back on your photos, it might hurt to see someone who is no longer in your life.
3. Pick someone who will worry more about you then themselves on your wedding day. You need a selfless friend that has your care be their first priority on your wedding day.
4. Wedding planning is not for the faint of heart! There are many lists and to-do’s! You won’t want to do it alone! Ensure your wedding party is helpful and will get done the tasks you give them! They need to be reliable!
5. If you are worried about needing to ‘fill spots’ because the wedding party numbers are uneven, don’t make that a priority. Its more important to be surrounded by close friends and family who you love (and that love you)!
Eternal Reflections Photography
Edmonton Luxury Wedding Photography, Edmonton Wedding Photographer, Leduc Wedding Photographer, Spruce Grove Wedding Photographer,