We know that your wedding day is fast approaching and we are SO EXCITED!!! So we decided to give you some tips/advice to help make your getting ready moments perfect!
1. Wear something nice. Like a classy camisole, summer dress or a cute robe that is possibly in your wedding color. This makes for darling getting ready photos that help tie your whole day together. You could even go one step further and have all your bridesmaids wearing darling ‘getting ready’ outfits.
(Additional tip: make sure what you wear can pull up and down or zip off so it doesn’t interfere with your hair and makeup)
2. Have your bridesmaids already in their dresses when it is time for you to put on your gown.
(Additional tip: If your dress has buttons or is a lace-up keep in mind that it takes quite a few minutes to do it)
3. I would always recommend having a professional make-up artist do your make-up. I know it can often get pushed to the side, but the makeup artists are so talented at what they do- they understand the face and how to highlight certain features and it lasts all day long!
4. When choosing your getting ready location, really consider a large space (so you are not cramped) with big beautiful windows that let in natural light. If you are wanting to get ready at your home, make sure that the room(s) are neat and tidy- you don’t want clutter in your photos.
5. Have all your jewellery, clutches, shoes, hair pieces, love letters ect… put together (and also the bridesmaids details), all ready for the photographer to get detail shots.
6. Budget enough time for getting ready- and then add a little more. It is common for things to take longer than they should (hair, makeup, bridesmaids arriving ect…)
So instead of feeling rushed, be sure that you have allowed a little bit of wiggle room.
7. Have breakfast!!
8. Be sure that when you wake up on your wedding day, you take a moment for YOU. Soak in the day. Have a cup of tea and just think about how perfect everything is going to be. The wedding day goes by fast, so make sure you take a few moments to just ‘breathe it all in’.
We can’t wait to see you all on your wedding day!
Kari & Radelle